Monday, February 7, 2022

wow i'm posting again! + late chanukkah post

hey guys! long time no post, oops. i meant to post my hanukkah den last december but i had a bunch of assignments and also got a cold and then also forgot

well, better 2.5 months late than never!

a menorah created with 4 couches and 9 maple leaf candles. my seal says "happy hanukkah!"

here's my makeshift menorah! so glad the maple leaf candle is nonmember or else this would not have happened

the inside of the den, which is decorated with various blue and yellow decorations.

and, here's the interior of the den. not gonna lie.... the amount of hanukah items in animal jam is Basically Nothing.

i've always had mixed feelings on the jamaalidays, being a jewish person who doesn't celebrate christmas. i've grown to appreciate them, as the jamaalidays are a fun time in jamaa (and it's not like it promotes animal jesus or something), but it is painfully obvious that the jamaalidays and its aesthetics is completely based off of christmas

 anyways here's my petition for ajhq to add a potato pancakes (latkes) item:

a crude drawing of six latkes on a tray with applesauce next to it. it's edited onto the table in the den with the word "yummy!" pointing at it
 
(bonus: the original mspaint drawing)
a crude drawing of six latkes on a tray with applesauce next to it

fun fact: the reason the date of hanukkah jumps around (in 2021 it started in late november!) is because jewish holidays use a lunar calendar

speaking of lunar calendars, happy lunar new year! i don't celebrate it, but i hope everyone who does has a great one

also, this is one of two posts i'm gonna post today! this actually started out as a preamble to my next post, but ended up being so off topic that i decided to give it its own post

banner with the text "jrl4547" between an animal jam bunny + animal jam seal

(btw if anyone has questions about chanukka or other things about judaism, feel free to ask me in the comments!)

2 comments:

  1. I agree with u. It would be great if AJHQ took inspiration from more of a variety of real holidays than just Christmas– or better yet, invented some holiday traditions unique to the AJ world? Personally my favorite Jamaaliday items are the ones just themed after the winter season in general, like the snowy nature items.

    Love your diy menorah too! And I'd get behind a latke item. That lil jar of apple spread you drew is so cute :D

    While I wasn't raised with religion personally, a big part of my extended family is Jewish and I always kinda wished that winter celebrations like Chanukkah were more widely recognized than the capitalist monster that is American christmas

    Happy belated Channukah! I relate to being late-- a distant cousin on the Jewish side of my family sent me some gelt and it took me like 2 months to find time to make a thank you card ;-;

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. (this is my second time writing this comment... the first time was a while ago and i accidentally lost all my progress)

      ooo yeah i'd love if ajhq developed some original jamaaliday traditions! there's a lot of interesting worldbuilding potential there

      glad you like the diy menorah and item concept!

      "I always kinda wished that winter celebrations like Chanukkah were more widely recognized than the capitalist monster that is American christmas" SO TRUE

      i would wish your relatives a happy belated chanukka but now it's time for a happy early passover (or belated purim)......

      Delete

commenting rules:

1. this blog is meant for all ages! therefore, no cursing and the like
2. no hateful, mean or bigoted comments
3. lastly, no spam (that doesn't mean "don't send long comments"! i love those)

these rules may be updated if i think a new one needs to be added. now that you've read these, have fun commenting on my blog!

animal jam discord server!

hey y'all! as you can tell, i am not active on blogger, but i do still play aj! i mostly talk about it on my animal jam discord server, ...